How to Apply
- Prepare your Resume and a Cover Letter
- Email both documents to our careers team at: ContactUs@lobocsinc.com. Please reference the job posting you’re interested in.
- We’ll review your Resume and call or email you if you’ve been selected to set up an interview.
Security System Designer
Who We Are:
We protect what is important to our clients. Whether it is keeping staff
and public safe or protecting a building and its assets, we create solutions to
ensure our clients feel confident that what they value is safe and secure.
We are an industry leader in security engineering and security risk
management with over 20 years of experience specializing in security,
IT/Telecoms and building technology. We have successfully completed varied and
challenging projects across the country, including correctional, courthouse,
police, education, healthcare and commercial facilities.
We are proud to count major governmental and national organizations,
institutions and companies as our long-term clients.
Our team consists of talented individuals that enjoy working together to
develop cutting edge solutions based on the specific requirements of our
Why Join Us?
Our high calibre team is comprised of bright, talented members that are
driven and continuously strive to achieve excellence. At Lobo you are not just
a number, but a valued member of the team and we invest heavily in your
training and development to make sure you have the support you need to excel.
We offer long term careers with clear paths of advancement, not just a
job, and are very proud of our very low employee turnover rate. We promote a
fun, friendly culture and believe in work-life balance.
For our full-time staff we offer:
- Annual bonuses tied to company and individual performance;
- Additional time off at year end in addition to standard statutory
- A flexible work schedule;
- Regular staff social events such as the end-of-year party, summer activities,
social committee events, lunches, and more;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Opportunities to attend North American trade shows, conventions and
conferences with expenses covered;
- Excellent training and development opportunities through educational
assistance, professional development and both on and off-the-job training;
- Opportunity to work directly with and learn from senior management;
- Broad experience opportunities with exposure to a wide variety of
- Our office is conveniently located close to public transit and minutes
away from highways 401 and 427.
If you aspire to be a future leader in the security design industry,
then we want to hear from you!
Your role as a Security System Designer includes leveraging your
existing design experience to add value to projects while we work together to
further develop and advance your capabilities. You will be empowered to take
ownership of your project’s success and manage projects and team resources. You
will work closely with the Project Leads, Clients and fellow designers/engineers
to share ideas and develop innovative solutions. In your role, you will be
mentored by senior management to develop leadership capabilities.
System design and engineering includes video surveillance, access
control, networks, drone detection, duress alarm, intercommunications,
intrusion, detention door control, screening, perimeter detection, to name a
You will be exposed to small, medium and large-scale projects and will
be involved in all phases of the project, from initial conceptual
understanding, development of the design solutions to inspection of the final
implementation. In your role, you will continuously learn about the latest
technology, while we provide you with growth opportunities for a long-term
future within the company.
- Work with the Client and project leads to determine Client requirements
and develop design solutions that address requirements.
- Assist Project Leads with presentations to Clients and design teams.
- Actively participate in technical and operational training/professional
development activities to further develop knowledge, skills and capabilities.
- Take the initiative to independently research latest technology trends
- Prepare security design drawings (system layouts, system riser diagrams,
installation details) using AutoCAD and BIM using Revit.
- Prepare engineering specifications to detail the technical requirements.
- Coordinate and work with other team members.
- Meet with Clients, Architects and Engineers to understand project
requirements and present design concepts.
- Visit job sites to assess construction progress and successful project
- Visit sites to assess existing conditions, technology and
infrastructure. Prepare assessment and technical reports.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with security system design.
- Strong understanding of security system architectures, functionality,
- Experience with designing security solutions including preparing floor
plan layouts, riser block diagrams, installation details and writing
- Experience with, and understanding of, all phases of a design project
including concept design, schematic design, design development, tender,
- Experience with, and understanding of, different project processes (ie.
P3, DBFM, standard design etc.).
- Experience carrying out site inspections and preparing reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently to complete day-to-day project tasks with
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to review and quality control deliverables and correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience developing rapport and trust
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills. Knowledge of Revit is preferred, but not
- Excellent Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle on a regular