How to Apply
- Prepare your Resume and a Cover Letter
- Email both documents to our careers team at: ContactUs@lobocsinc.com. Please reference the job posting you’re interested in.
- We’ll review your Resume and call or email you if you’ve been selected to set up an interview.
Junior Security Designer
Who We Are:
Are you ready to leverage your background in IT or electrical
engineering to develop innovative system designs? Specializing in security system
design opens doors to learning about some of the most cutting-edge
technologies in the industry, including machine learning, AI, video
surveillance, drone detection and mitigation, access control, weapons
detection, intercommunications and advanced network design, to name a few!
Security designers and engineers apply that learning to design creative
solutions for a wide range of smart and automated buildings and facilities.
At Lobo, we protect what is important to our clients. Whether it is keeping staff and public safe or protecting a building and its assets, we create solutions to ensure our clients feel confident that what they value is safe and secure.
We are an industry leader in security engineering and security & risk management. We have over 20 years of experience specializing in security and technology. We have worked on varied and challenging projects across the country, including correctional, courthouse, police, educational, healthcare and commercial facilities.
We are proud to count major governmental and national organizations, institutions and companies as our long-term clients.
Our team consists of talented individuals that enjoy working together to develop cutting edge solutions based on the specific requirements of our clients.
Why Join Us?
Our high calibre team is comprised of bright, talented members that are
driven and continuously strive to achieve excellence. At Lobo you are not just
a number, but a valued member of the team and we invest heavily in your
training and development to make sure you have the support you need to excel.
We offer long term careers with clear paths of advancement, not just a
job, and are very proud of our very low employee turnover rate. We promote a
fun, friendly culture and believe in work-life balance.
For our full-time staff we offer:
- Work from home options;
- Annual bonuses tied to company and individual performance;
- Additional time off at year end in addition to standard statutory
- A flexible work schedule;
- Regular staff social events such as the end-of-year party, summer activities,
social committee events, lunches, and more;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Opportunities to attend North American trade shows, conventions and
conferences with expenses covered;
- Excellent training and development opportunities through educational
assistance, professional development and both on and off-the-job training;
- Opportunity to work directly with and learn from senior management;
- Broad experience opportunities with exposure to a wide variety of
- Our office is conveniently located close to public transit and minutes
away from highways 401 and 427.
Your role as a Security Designer includes working closely with other designers to share ideas and develop innovative solutions. System design and engineering includes video surveillance, access control, networks, drone detection, duress alarm, intercommunications, intrusion, detention door control, screening, perimeter detection, to name a few.
We will work closely with you to train and mentor you, both technically
and operationally. You will be exposed to small, medium and large-scale projects
and will be involved in all phases of the project, from initial conceptual
understanding, development of the design solutions to inspection of the final
implementation. In your role, you will continuously learn about the latest
technology, while we provide you with growth opportunities for a long-term
future within the company.
- Preparing security design drawings (system layouts, system riser
diagrams, installation details) using AutoCAD and BIM using Revit.
- Preparing engineering specifications to detail the technical
- Coordinate and work with other team members.
- Meet with clients, architects and engineers to understand project
requirements and present design concepts.
- Visit job sites to assess construction progress and successful project
- Visit sites to assess existing conditions, technology and
infrastructure. Prepare assessment and technical reports.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience working as a designer in the Security, IT or
electrical engineering consulting industry
- New grads from a post-secondary institution with electrical or computer
engineering degree, or similar with co-op experience at an engineering
consulting company will also be considered.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently to complete
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills.
- Knowledge of Revit is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle on a regular