How to Apply
- Prepare your Resume and a Cover Letter
- Email both documents to our careers team at: ContactUs@lobocsinc.com. Please reference the job posting you’re interested in.
- We’ll review your Resume and call or email you if you’ve been selected to set up an interview.
Proposal and Marketing Specialist
Are you a creative communicator and
passionate about writing?
Do you have an eye for marketing?
Are you looking for an opportunity to
work with senior management to develop our business strategies?
Then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
We protect what is important to our clients. Whether it is keeping staff
and public safe or protecting a building and its assets, we create solutions to
ensure our clients feel confident that what they value is safe and secure.
We are an industry leader in security engineering and security risk
management with over 20 years of experience. We have successfully completed
varied and challenging projects across the country, including correctional,
courthouse, police, education, healthcare and commercial facilities.
We are proud to count major governmental and national organizations,
institutions and companies as our long-term clients.
Our team consists of talented individuals that enjoy working together to
develop cutting edge solutions based on the specific requirements of our
Why Join Us?
Our high calibre team is comprised of bright, talented members that are
driven and continuously strive to achieve excellence. At Lobo you are not just
a number, but a valued member of the team and we invest heavily in your
development to make sure you have the support you need to excel.
We offer long term careers with clear paths of advancement, not just a dead-end
job, and are very proud of our very low employee turnover rate. We promote a
fun, friendly culture and believe in work-life balance.
For our full-time staff we offer:
- Annual bonuses tied to company and individual performance;
- Additional time off at year end in addition to standard statutory
- A flexible work schedule;
- Regular staff social events such as the end-of-year party, summer activities,
social committee events, lunches, and more;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Excellent training and development opportunities through educational
assistance, professional development and both on and off-the-job training;
- Report directly to senior management;
- Our office is conveniently located close to public transit and minutes
away from highways 401 and 427.
As our primary proposal writer and marketing specialist, you are in a
unique position to contribute to the development of a growing proposal writing
and business development team. You will work with and report directly to senior
leadership. Your role includes preparation of proposals/bids and maintenance of
associated pursuits, the production and maintenance of marketing tools and
materials as well as assisting senior leadership with business development
processes and strategies.
We will work closely with you to leverage your expertise as well as train
and mentor you, to further develop your capabilities and achieve your goals. In
your role, you will continuously learn as we provide you with growth
opportunities for a long-term future within the company.
- Research publicly posted proposal opportunities for consideration of
- Review proposal requests (such as RFPs, RFQs, etc.), both critically and
qualitatively for requirements; developing proposal structure and contents;
taking an active role to ensure compliance.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and undertake activities related to proposal
preparation, from initial kick-off to proposal delivery and post-submission
- Coordinate with external Architects and Engineers for proposals prepared
in partnership with other firms.
- Compile internal intelligence such as past history with the client for
proposal decisions and strategy.
- Compile, edit, and write standard proposal components in adherence to
- Compile various content elements from a group of authors into a cohesive
and responsive proposal document.
- Perform quality control of deliverables and materials
- Coordinate proposal submission activities including print production,
- Carry out periodic review, updating and continuous improvement of
proposal templates and team CVs.
- Participate in the maintenance of proposal-related tracking databases.
- Prepare and maintain marketing tools including website content,
Linked-In content, blog posts.
- Research prospective client contacts and report findings to senior
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 1-4 years minimum of proposal writing experience in professional
services, preferably in engineering, architectural or a related discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are a must
- Strong editing/ proof reading skills, and ability to identify and remedy
- Graphic design skills are an advantage
- Extremely detail oriented; a passionate fact checker
- Experience working with both internal and external client groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite tools, as these relate to
document preparation and management
- Experience with InDesign software is an advantage
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment
- Superior client focus with a positive “can-do” attitude